- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- 'All Nite Skate' filming in Jackson this weekend (6/8/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
At what age did you start running?
I started running AAU track at eight-years-old. I ran track though junior and senior high.
Why did you start running?
The minister at our church encouraged our youth group to join the track team.
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
The St. Jude's half marathon in Memphis - time,1:53 followed by the Hot Chocolate run in St. Louis two weeks later- time, 119
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
I have run 5 half marathons since I turned 50.
My goal is to run a full marathon in Savannah, GA in 2017.
What’s your favorite local route to run?
Pam Sander and I run all over Jackson, but I guess my favorite route is through the Jackson park, Oak street to Broadridge, Independence and then back through the park.
I enjoy routes with a lot of hills; it's great training.
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
How great it makes me feel. I love the challenge of setting goals and pushing myself, even more so when I accomplish my goals. Running has multiple benefits, but my favorite is the release of endorphins - the "runners high" and the feeling when I finish an early morning run.
* I am the only one in shorts in the photo. (Far right)
Pink Moon race