- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- 'All Nite Skate' filming in Jackson this weekend (6/8/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
At what age did you start running?
For reasons I can not explain, I have always ran. As a child, I ran frequently to get from place to place. City kid.. Started jogging at age 26. Three months post second pregnancy.
Why did you start running?
Jogging was the new big thing back in 1976. I was always very active as a kid. Running was simple and easy, plus cheap. Just step out the front door and go. A quick break from being mom.
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
I think 25:36 at age 61. Turkey trot.
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
National Senior Games Top ten performance record book list me as third fastest woman with fourth fastest time in the history of 5000 meter racewalking(30:49 ). NSG started over 30 years ago. (1985). Giving national competition for senior. Got third place in 2011(age 61) and second place in 2009 (age 59).
Did a 50 miler at age 32 (12hr event) repeated it 30 years later at age 62 (Aslinger's 12hr event)
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
50miler. Age 62
What’s your favorite local route to run?
The county road by my house. Still enjoy stepping out my front door to run. Simple/easy.
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
Running. Putting one foot in front of the other.