- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)1
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- 'All Nite Skate' filming in Jackson this weekend (6/8/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
At what age did you start running?
Fall Cross Country in High School was mandatory fitness preparation for winter Basketball season. Then not again till 59.
Why did you start running?
Adopted year old dog from HSSEMO/P4P, walks were not cutting it for him or me.
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
23.02. Was so cold out had to run super fast to stay thawed out.
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
None really. Not RACING for personal satisfaction.
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
With a hefty bit of walking included...10 miles.
What’s your favorite local route to run?
LaCroix trail runs especially when rabbits, squirrels, and deer are out (but skunks not). Bonus points if it is snowing.
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
Say a prayer of gratitude each run for simply being able to. Then for mental and physical fitness and commune with nature. The running community is the greatest. Seems counterintuitive, but participation in organized runs is actually a very satisfying way to donate to a variety of worthwhile causes.