- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Judge denies order of protection for woman accusing deputy of stalking her (6/23/18)5
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- Stooges in Jackson under new ownership (6/23/18)
- Poplar Bluff nail manufacturer gets hammered by new tariffs on steel (6/22/18)7
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Scott County Sheriff Wes Drury responds to issue involving deputy (6/23/18)2
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
At what age did you start running?
In my teens, but not very seriously until my early 40's.
Why did you start running?
As an adult in my 40's, to lose weight and as a stress reliever. And the more I ran, the more fit I got. While never very fast, I found satisfaction in going long distances. I felt "athletic" for the first time in my life!
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
I don't keep track of my 5k's. 22- something.
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
Since turning 50, my second best PR at the Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon in Georgia last year at 3:47.
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
36 miles, but that was with a 12 hour rest in between two 18 mile runs. 32 miles in one run at the Aslinger Endurance Run.
What’s your favorite local route to run?
Probably a tie between the Osage Trail and the trail at Klaus Park.
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
Appreciating the blessing of health and the ability to be so physically active and capable, here in the "late afternoon" of life! Also being able to share it with others, and encouraging people to give it a try!