- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
At what age did you start running?
Why did you start running?
I always wanted to do a triathlon and could swim and bike but couldn't run a mile. I joined the city fitness classes and then did the 5K training program with Tara Probst. That was the beginning of it all!
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
probably my 70.3 triathlon
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
52.3 or point something at Aslinger this year
What’s your favorite local route to run?
Any creative route Kathleen Boehme comes up with
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
There are several aspects of running that I love, but the best is the camraderie among the runners. Times don't matter. Everyone is so supportive of everyone else. This group has given me an entirely new group of friends and changed my life for the better. I love this Cape Girardeau running group.