- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
At what age did you start running?
Why did you start running?
It was a dare on my 55 birthday. A friend worked with me, Cindi Roach. My first race was the 4th of July event at Health Point Fitness in Jackson. I average a 5K a month. At my 2nt race a women told me to keep planning your next race or you will stop. I took that advice.
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
5K 27:30 last month. I may be getting older but I'm getting faster.
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
Oct 2015 5K to Benefit Coach Paul Webber's Memorial Scholarship Fund. This race because it was the first race my husband ran with me at age 60. My time 27:+
He chased me that race. Now I chase him.
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
10K. On my bucket list is a half Marathon but I'm competitive and like winning my age division. I'll make the leap soon.
What’s your favorite local route to run?
We start out at Jackson City Park then venture out to get a few hills.
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
The feeling of accomplishment. Being a role model to others wanting to take back their health. Hearing my 4 year old grandson call me, "the Nana who runs."
I visit him after a race and we run around the block