- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Singer Neal Boyd dies after struggle with health issues (6/12/18)1
- Feeding deer in Bollinger, Cape and Perry counties prohibited soon to help curb spread of CWD (6/13/18)7
- Cape man charged with stabbing, killing dog for revenge (6/8/18)9
- Couple charged in beating death at Brick's (6/13/18)
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)
- New Zaxby's restaurant open in Cape (6/13/18)3
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
Cape Girardeau, MO
At what age did you start running?
I started running at age 42.
Why did you start running?
It was my therapy to deal with my daughter Sahara's cancer diagnosis.
What is your best 5K time after turning 50?
What is the race/time you’re most proud of since turning 50?
The Tunnel Hill 100 miler, which I ran in 29 hours and 17 minutes.
What’s the longest distance you’ve ever run since turning 50?
What’s your favorite local route to run?
The Hoops for Life 5K course.
The thing I enjoy most about running is:
It gives me a chance to clear out my head. Over time I have become a long-distance runner, and I have accomplished 50 miles 7 times, and one 100K. Running challenges me. The older I get, the further I want to go!