- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)39
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Biting dog stopped sexual assault, deputies report
While a victim was being sexually assaulted in Oran, Missouri, she called her dog, and it bit the assailant, forcing him to stop, according to a sheriff’s report.
Richie M. Dock, 55, of Oran was arrested by Scott County sheriff’s deputies Friday and is charged with felony sexual abuse, sodomy and felonious restraint.
On Feb. 4, Scott County detectives received a call from a victim younger than 14 reporting Dock had assaulted her at his apartment in Oran, according to the news release from Scott County Sheriff’s Department.
Dock began to kiss her and touch her inappropriately. After the victim pushed him away, he threatened to hit her with a stick, according to the release.
Dock straddled her legs and exposed himself. At this time, the victim called her dog, and it bit Dock, causing him to release the victim, the report stated.
The victim told sheriff’s detectives Dock followed her around town and threatened to have someone assault her.
Dock was interviewed by Scott County deputies but refused to answer questions. He is a registered sex offender, with two sexual-misconduct offenses occurring in 2004.
Dock’s bond is set at $25,000 cash or surety.