- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)11
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
Police: Woman beaten, imprisoned by boyfriend for six days
A homeless Cape Girardeau man is accused of assaulting his girlfriend for six days by holding her in a house on South Hanover Street.
Robert Dean Garrity, 39, was charged with felony second-degree assault and misdemeanor false imprisonment. He was arrested Friday by Cape Girardeau police.
The victim said Garrity pushed her up against the wall Jan. 22, causing an injury bad enough so she could not walk, according to a probable-cause report from Cape Girardeau Police Sgt. Joey Hann.
Garrity the next day moved her from the Town House Inn, where the injury occurred, to a house at 107 S. Hanover St., using a shopping cart, Hann wrote in the report.
Over the next six days, the victim said Garrity slammed her hand against a wall, kicked her in the rib cage when she was lying down and punched her in the thigh when she was sitting on the floor, Hann wrote.
She said she tried to leave on multiple occasions, but Garrity pushed her down and threw her cellphone against the wall, the statement said.
Hann noted the victim needed to be taken to a hospital, and her bruises and swelling were consistent with her version of what happened.
Garrity's bond was set at $20,000 cash only, with a condition he have no contact with the victim.
Pertinent address: 107 S. Hanover St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.
501 N. Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau.