- Sikeston singer moves on with 'The Voice' (10/16/17)
- Past Rowdy the Redhawk mascot's identity revealed (10/15/17)
- Police chief, council: Cape Girardeau faces growing gun violence (10/17/17)4
- Politics to profits: Brothers launch new investing concept on Wall Street (10/19/17)1
- Developer asks court to OK tax district board for improvements near Hobby Lobby (10/17/17)4
- Load shift kills Jackson trucker (10/17/17)1
- The last person to be laid to rest at Old Lorimier Cemetery: Mary Russell Fox (10/17/17)2
- Cape Christian School burglarized (10/18/17)
- Food Giant in Chaffee is robbed (10/17/17)
- Owner of dinosaur relics demands new board of directors, business plan at Bollinger County Museum (10/17/17)
Police: Man shoots self accidentally at Cape car dealership
A man was showing off his handgun at a Cape Girardeau car dealership when he accidentally shot himself, police said.
Cape Girardeau police responded to the call at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Coad Chevrolet, and the man was taken to a local hospital, said public information officer Adam Glueck of the Cape Girardeau Police Department.
Glueck said the case is being investigated, but there have yet to be any charges against the man.
A report will be submitted to the Cape Girardeau County prosecutor for review, Glueck said.
Glueck said he could not release any information about the man.
Pertinent address: 517 S, Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, Mo