- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Former alt-rock frontwoman tells how she found Christianity (8/29/16)2
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Newsmakers 2016: Liz Glastetter (8/15/16)
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
- Scott City School District introduces new preschool program (8/26/16)1
Police: Man shoots self accidentally at Cape car dealership
A man was showing off his handgun at a Cape Girardeau car dealership when he accidentally shot himself, police said.
Cape Girardeau police responded to the call at 5 p.m. Wednesday at Coad Chevrolet, and the man was taken to a local hospital, said public information officer Adam Glueck of the Cape Girardeau Police Department.
Glueck said the case is being investigated, but there have yet to be any charges against the man.
A report will be submitted to the Cape Girardeau County prosecutor for review, Glueck said.
Glueck said he could not release any information about the man.
Pertinent address: 517 S, Kingshighway, Cape Girardeau, Mo