Jackson's annual Clean-Up/Fix-Up Week will take place July 7 through 11.
The free service is available to residents who qualify for the city's solid waste pickup program, according to a news release from the city.
Throughout the week, public works crews will pick up all qualifying refuse placed curbside by 8 a.m. on the regularly scheduled trash collection day. Additional equipment will be in operation, so collection times will vary.
Because of the large amount of refuse, the service isn't extended to residents who fail to participate on their scheduled pick-up day, and no return trips will be made.
Details of the program are as follows:
* No additional trash-bag stickers are required for residential household waste. The normal three-bag limit is not enforced during the days of the program.
* All items placed at curbside will be disposed of -- including trash cans, boxes and other containers. Residents should not leave trash cans unless the intent is to dispose of them. It is required that all trash be bagged, tied or bundled in some manner.
* Yard waste, motor oils, hazardous materials and tires will not be collected; paint cans must be dried out or have the lid tightly sealed so no paint can seep out.
* Appliances, televisions and computer monitors are no longer picked up during the program; customers may dispose of these items daily at the recycling center drop-off point for a fee.
* Each residence is limited to four cubic yards of waste during the program; that area is approximately 7 feet long by 4 feet wide by 4 feet deep, about equivalent in size to a standard pick-up truck bed stacked three times high.
* Depositing solid waste or appliances belonging to any person not a resident of Jackson is illegal and is punishable by a fine of not less than $500 if convicted.
Trash, debris and other items meant to be disposed of during the week should be put at curbside only during the week of the event. Police may ticket those setting out items early for violating public nuisance laws.
More information is available by calling the Jackson Public Works Department, 573-243-2300, or Sanitation Department, 573-243-2333