- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Deputies recover 28 stolen guns
The Cape Girardeau County Sheriff's Department has recovered 28 guns that were reported stolen earlier this week near Millersville.
In a news release Thursday, Sheriff John Jordan said the department had two suspects in custody in connection with a burglary that was reported Tuesday.
Charges were pending against the suspects, who were in custody at the Cape Girardeau County Justice Center, Jordan reported.
Capt. David James said Wednesday the burglary occurred sometime between June 4 and Tuesday at a property off County Road 346 near Millersville.
Twenty-eight guns were reported stolen; deputies recovered all of them, Jordan reported.