- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Panda Express restaurant coming to Cape's Siemers Drive (2/14/17)2
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Golden Corral nearing opening; soft open scheduled for Monday or Tuesday (2/12/17)8
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)21
- Southeast reports three confirmed cases of mumps; more cases possible (2/14/17)1
- Right to Work and Taxes (2/10/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
Accident in Perry County kills 1, injures 2
Two young children were injured and one was killed after an early Friday morning vehicle accident.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report, Dewayne M. Phillips, 28, of Marion, Ark., was driving a 2004 Kia Spectra south on Interstate 55 when the vehicle traveled off the left side of the roadway, struck a cable barrier and returned to the roadway. The accident occurred just north of the 126 mile marker.
Phillips, who suffered minor injuries, was wearing a safety device and was taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital, the report said.
Also in the vehicle were 2-year-old Nakiya M. Phillips, 4-year-old Michael E. Phillips and infant Kaniya J. Phillips, all of whom were from Burlington, Iowa, according to the report. Michael was pronounced dead on the scene by Perry County coroner Herb Miller and the crash report said it was unclear whether he was wearing a safety device.
The two young girls were wearing safety devices and sustained minor injuries, according to the report. Both were taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital.