- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)19
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)14
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two local lawmakers back charter school bill; Perryville lawmaker objects to measure (3/19/17)24
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Accident in Perry County kills 1, injures 2
Two young children were injured and one was killed after an early Friday morning vehicle accident.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report, Dewayne M. Phillips, 28, of Marion, Ark., was driving a 2004 Kia Spectra south on Interstate 55 when the vehicle traveled off the left side of the roadway, struck a cable barrier and returned to the roadway. The accident occurred just north of the 126 mile marker.
Phillips, who suffered minor injuries, was wearing a safety device and was taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital, the report said.
Also in the vehicle were 2-year-old Nakiya M. Phillips, 4-year-old Michael E. Phillips and infant Kaniya J. Phillips, all of whom were from Burlington, Iowa, according to the report. Michael was pronounced dead on the scene by Perry County coroner Herb Miller and the crash report said it was unclear whether he was wearing a safety device.
The two young girls were wearing safety devices and sustained minor injuries, according to the report. Both were taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital.