- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Accident in Perry County kills 1, injures 2
Two young children were injured and one was killed after an early Friday morning vehicle accident.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report, Dewayne M. Phillips, 28, of Marion, Ark., was driving a 2004 Kia Spectra south on Interstate 55 when the vehicle traveled off the left side of the roadway, struck a cable barrier and returned to the roadway. The accident occurred just north of the 126 mile marker.
Phillips, who suffered minor injuries, was wearing a safety device and was taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital, the report said.
Also in the vehicle were 2-year-old Nakiya M. Phillips, 4-year-old Michael E. Phillips and infant Kaniya J. Phillips, all of whom were from Burlington, Iowa, according to the report. Michael was pronounced dead on the scene by Perry County coroner Herb Miller and the crash report said it was unclear whether he was wearing a safety device.
The two young girls were wearing safety devices and sustained minor injuries, according to the report. Both were taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital.