- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)22
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Accident in Perry County kills 1, injures 2
Two young children were injured and one was killed after an early Friday morning vehicle accident.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report, Dewayne M. Phillips, 28, of Marion, Ark., was driving a 2004 Kia Spectra south on Interstate 55 when the vehicle traveled off the left side of the roadway, struck a cable barrier and returned to the roadway. The accident occurred just north of the 126 mile marker.
Phillips, who suffered minor injuries, was wearing a safety device and was taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital, the report said.
Also in the vehicle were 2-year-old Nakiya M. Phillips, 4-year-old Michael E. Phillips and infant Kaniya J. Phillips, all of whom were from Burlington, Iowa, according to the report. Michael was pronounced dead on the scene by Perry County coroner Herb Miller and the crash report said it was unclear whether he was wearing a safety device.
The two young girls were wearing safety devices and sustained minor injuries, according to the report. Both were taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital.