- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)4
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)2
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Library provides free lunches this summer (6/19/17)
- Fire destroys two greenhouses at Travelers Gazebo site in Cape (6/22/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)
Accident in Perry County kills 1, injures 2
Two young children were injured and one was killed after an early Friday morning vehicle accident.
According to the Missouri State Highway Patrol crash report, Dewayne M. Phillips, 28, of Marion, Ark., was driving a 2004 Kia Spectra south on Interstate 55 when the vehicle traveled off the left side of the roadway, struck a cable barrier and returned to the roadway. The accident occurred just north of the 126 mile marker.
Phillips, who suffered minor injuries, was wearing a safety device and was taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital, the report said.
Also in the vehicle were 2-year-old Nakiya M. Phillips, 4-year-old Michael E. Phillips and infant Kaniya J. Phillips, all of whom were from Burlington, Iowa, according to the report. Michael was pronounced dead on the scene by Perry County coroner Herb Miller and the crash report said it was unclear whether he was wearing a safety device.
The two young girls were wearing safety devices and sustained minor injuries, according to the report. Both were taken by ambulance to Perry County Hospital.