- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Vote 'no' on Prop A (8/2/18)
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- Federal program to provide free meals for all Cape district students for 4 years (8/7/18)5
- Cape County voters pick Welker, Miller, Tracy, Hovis in Tuesday primaries (8/8/18)
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- A 'yes' vote makes more sense on Prop A (7/30/18)14
- Missouri voters reject law banning compulsory union fees (8/8/18)19
- Sikeston DPS loses evidence in murder case (8/4/18)6
Gary Wilfong Sr.
PATTON, Mo. -- Gary Ray Wilfong Sr., 70, of Patton passed away peacefully Friday, Dec. 13, 2013, at his home, surrounded by his loving family.
He was born July 7, 1943, in Patton, son of Ray D. and Jessie Viola Besher Wilfong.
He and Judy Faye Ward were united in marriage Feb. 16, 1963.
Gary was a 1961 graduate of Patton High School, where he was known as "Prince." He was a devoted truck driver and retired from Gilster and Mary Lee in July 2012. He was a member of the St. Maurus Catholic Church and a member of the Knights of Columbus. He enjoyed cars, hunting, truck-driving and his family and friends.
Survivors include his wife, Judy, of the home; son and daughter-in-law Gary Jr. "Butch" (Pam) Wilfong of Sedgewickville, Mo.; brothers Rich (Nancy) Wilfong of Cedar Hill, Mo., Joe (Jo Ann) and Chuck (Kim) Wilfong of Patton; sisters Jane Brotherton of Wappapello, Mo., and Sharon (Bill) Denton of Troy, Mont.; grandchildren Chasity (Tommy) Thele of Patton, Erica (Josh) Mayfield and Derrick (Becca Pohlman) Wilfong of Sedgewickville; and great-grandchildren, Ryder and Kenna Thele and Jaylen Mayfield.
He was preceded in death by his parents; daughter, Jessie Kathryn Wilfong; and sister, Pam Ackman.
Memorial contributions may be given to the Alzheimer's Association, Crown Hospice, Post Oak Cemetery or the St. Maurus Parish Center.
Visitation will be from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Liley Funeral Home in Patton, with parish prayer at 8 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Maurus Catholic Church in Biehle, Mo., with Rev. Tony Dattilo and Rev. Jim French officiating. Interment will follow in the Post Oak Cemetery in Patton.