- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)44
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Iva Mae Malone
VILLA RIDGE, Ill. -- Iva Mae Lee Malone, 80, of Villa Ridge passed away at 8:25 p.m. Saturday, Nov. 16, 2013, at Southeast Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
Iva was born Feb. 13, 1933, in Cairo, Ill., daughter of the late John J. Lee and Emma Etta Everett Lee.
Iva was a former seamstress for Snower's Factory in Cairo. She attended Smiles One Senior Citizens Center in Mounds, Ill., and enjoyed her bowling team during the past years.
Iva was preceded in death by her parents; her husband, William Melvin Malone Sr. in 2000; a son, Eddie Allen Ma-lone in 2011; and a brother.
Survivors include two daughters, Terri Clifford of Villa Ridge and Janet Williams of Jackson; three sons, Melvin Malone Jr. of Martin, Tenn., Mike Malone of Cookeville, Tenn., and Larry Malone of Jonesboro, Ill.; a host of grandchildren and great-grandchildren; and several nieces and nephews.
Friends may call from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home Villa Ridge.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Interment will be in the Green Lawn Memorial Gardens in Villa Ridge.
Jones Funeral Home Villa Ridge is in charge of the arrangements.