- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
2014 airshow dates, headliner act announced
Cape Girardeau's airshow dates for 2014 were announced Wednesday along with the headliner act.
The Cape Girardeau Regional Air Festival will be May 17 and 18 and will feature the Royal Canadian Forces' demonstration jet team, the Canadian Snowbirds. The team performs acts similar to those of the U.S. Navy's Blue Angels and Air Force Thunderbirds.
The team uses a nine-aircraft formation and performs in only five American cities annually, according to a news release from the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, where the air show will be hosted.
The U.S. demonstration teams were unable to schedule shows this year because of Department of Defense budget cuts, and uncertainty remains for next year.
Airport manager Bruce Loy said in the release that organizers jumped at the chance to schedule the Canadian team, so the 2014 show dates were moved up from the normal time frame, which is late June.
Cape Girardeau Regional Airport, Cape Girardeau, Mo.