- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)2
- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- How the story of one dog is helping others (9/14/17)1
- Southerner by Tractors owners seek to bring 'sophisticated Southern' cuisine (9/12/17)
- Eyewitnesses testify about fatal shooting; men were using drugs, alcohol (9/14/17)
- Jury finds Harris guilty of murder, 3 other counts (9/15/17)4
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)1
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
Richard D. Kinder Performance Hall recognized
Cape Girardeau Public School District's recently-completed Richard D. Kinder Performance Hall was featured in American School and University magazine's August 2013 issue. A page of the feature article was mounted in a plaque (pictured) and presented to the District school board recently.
The feature article, titled "Outstanding Designs," named Phillip B. Smith, architect, and Bond Architects, Inc. Completed in January 2013, the project was made possible by a $40-million bond issue approved in 2010 for district-wide improvements, in addition to a $1-million dollar contribution from Richard D. Kinder Foundation through the Cape Girardeau Public School Foundation.
The 22,460-square-foot facility offers seating for 1,060 and accommodates musical, theater, band and choral performances, as well as award ceremonies, debate competitions and school assemblies.
The performance hall features high-end audiovisual and lighting equipment, and includes a 3,800 square-foot stage with fly loft, dressing rooms, green room and workshop for building sets, a large lobby with built-in display cases and a catering kitchen.