- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)4
- Witness says he saw man shoot Domorlo McCaster (8/19/16)2
- Students move into new fraternity housing at Southeast Missouri State University (8/18/16)2
- Southeast imposes 'interim suspension' of Sigma Nu fraternity over vandalism incident (8/19/16)21
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)7
- The Chrome Queens (8/21/16)2
- Pitmasters to descend on Arena Park for Cape BBQ Fest (8/19/16)2
- Logan's Roadhouse in Cape not closing; Ruby Tuesday fate still unknown (8/17/16)
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Gender-neutral restrooms now available at Southeast (8/18/16)38
St. James AME nominated for inclusion in National Register
St. James AME Church, 516 North St. in Cape Girardeau, is one of 12 nominees to be considered for listing in the National Register of Historic Places, according to a news release from the Missouri Department of Natural Resources.
The Missouri Advisory Council on Historic Preservation will consider nominations for the National Register at 9 a.m. Nov. 8 at the Lewis and Clark State Office Building in Jefferson City, Mo. The quarterly meeting is open to the public.
About 55 historic buildings are represented in the nominations, and properties on the agenda include historic commercial and residential properties and districts, the release said.
516 North St., Cape Girardeau, Mo..
1101 Riverside Drive, Jefferson City, Mo.