- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Son to George William and Cathy Lee Monan of Cairo Ill., Saint Francis Medical Center, 9:32 p.m. Sunday, Sept. 8, 2013. Name, Ian William, 4 pounds, 1 ounce. Second child, first son. Mrs. Monan is the former Cathy Pettit, daughter of Francis and Adena Pettit of Cairo. She is a bank teller at Capaha Bank. Monan is the son of Bob and Nancy Winding of Villa Ridge, Ill., and Robin and Diane Monan of Mounds, Ill. He is a farm hand with Ryan Britton Farms.
Daughter to Juan Jr. and Angie Marie Cuevas of Dexter, Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, 1:19 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 3, 2013. Name, Mattilyn Rain, 5 pounds, 9 ounces. Fifth child, fourth daughter. Mrs. Cuevas is the former Angie Cash, daughter of Doyle and Cindy Cash of Advance, Mo., and Clair and Robert Dixon of Dexter. She is a student. Cuevas is the son of Juan Sr. and Guadalupe Cuevas of San Jose, Cal.
Daughter to Clifton Orville and Tammy Merrit of Cape Girardeau, Saint Francis Medical Center, 11:33 p.m. Monday, Oct. 7, 2013. Name, Tess Evelyn, 7 pounds, 4 ounces. First child. Mrs. Merrit is the former Tammy Shy, daughter of Raymond and Cathy LeGrand of Oran, Mo., and Sam Shy of Oran. She is a sales representative for Mondi Jackson Inc. Merritt is the son of Janice Merritt of Dagsboro, Del. He is a process planner with Procter & Gamble.
Son to Jordan Bryce and Stefanie Leigh Hall of Chaffee, Mo., Southeast Hospital, 8:45 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 8, 2013. Name, Maverick Bryce, 7 pounds. First child. Mrs. Hall is the former Stefanie Whitaker, daughter of Steve and Karen Whitaker of Chaffee. She is employed by Southeast Hospital. Hall is the son of Steve Hall of Salem, Ark., and Traci Hall of Yellville, Ark. He is employed by Whitaker's Ace Hardware.
Daughter to Craig Joseph and Alicia Renee Schumer of Jackson, Southeast Hospital, 9:40 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 9, 2013. Name, Colleen Elizabeth, 7 pounds, 7 ounces. Second child, second daughter. Mrs. Schumer is the former Alicia Sachse, daughter of Bob and Andrea Sachse of Cape Girardeau. She is a sales representative with GlaxoSmithKline Pharmaceuticals. Schumer is the son of Ken and Diane Schumer of Perryville, Mo. He is a quality engineer with TG Missouri.
Son to Ryan Cole and Elizabeth Dean Brown of Marble Hill, Mo., Saint Francis Medical Center, 4:31 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013. Name, Ryan Cole II, 7 pounds 1 ounce. First child. Mrs. Brown is the former Elizabeth Storie, daughter of Melanie Marquis and Harley Storie of Marble Hill. Brown is the son of Sharron Liley and Randy Brown of Marble Hill.
Son to Brian and Kristi Stricker, Liberty Hospital in Liberty, Mo., 11:17 p.m. Thursday, Oct. 10, 2013. Name, Nathan Daniel, 9 pounds, 7 ounces. First child. Mrs. Stricker is the former Kristi Vaughn, daughter of Sharon and Paul Vaughn of Independence, Kan. Sticker is the son of Judy and Bob Stricker of Cape Girardeau. He is employed by Cerner Corp. in Kansas City, Mo.