- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
WARE, Ill. -- Harold Ray Sadler, 78, of Ware died Sunday, Oct. 6, 2013, at Union County Hospital in Anna, Ill.
He was born Jan. 2, 1935, in Anna, son of Eugene and Louise High Sadler. He and Lillian Treece were married Aug. 23, 1958, in Jonesboro, Ill.
Harold proudly served his country in the United States Army during the Korean War.
He was a member of Teamsters Local 347 in West Frankfort, Ill., and was a truck driver 34 years with Anna Ready Mix until retiring.
Harold is survived by his wife, Lillian of Ware; two sons, Rodney (Tammy) Sadler of Perryville, Mo., and Ronnie (Linda) Sadler of Anna; three grandchildren, Brandi (Jason) Caraker, Rodney Dale (Kelly) Sadler and Ryan (Lindsey) Sadler; three great-grandchildren, Jade Caraker, Adrianna Caraker and Landon Sadler; two sisters, Marilyn Sadler of Anna and Judy Stowe of Bradley, Ill.; three brothers, Richard (Kathy) Sadler and Charles Sadler of Bradley, and Mike (Kathy) Sadler of Kimberling City, Mo.; a sister-in-law, Helen Frick of Cape Girardeau; a brother-in-law, Wayne (Dorothy) Treece of Jonesboro; other relatives; and many friends.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother, Bill Sadler.
Friends may call from 1 p.m. until time of service today at Rendleman and Hileman Funeral Home in Anna.
The funeral will be at 3 p.m. today at the funeral home, with the Rev. Richard Reynolds officiating. Interment will be in Kelley Cemetery. Military rites will be conducted by Carroll P. Foster VFW Post 3455 in Anna and Illinois National Guard Funeral Honors Team in Marion, Ill.
Memorial contributions may be made to the donor's choice. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.