- Man accused of setting fire to Delta bar; posted photos of it burning on Facebook (9/17/17)5
- McClure man accused of leaving children in hot truck while gambling in casino (9/19/17)1
- New boutique store advocates for special-needs people (9/19/17)
- Say Cheese: The story behind the famous sandwiches at the East Perry Fair (9/22/17)
- Anne Limbaugh dies, leaves legacy of caring (9/22/17)
- Retailer may come to Jackson; rezoning needed first (9/17/17)2
- Planet Fitness to anchor Town Plaza shopping center (9/18/17)2
- Former major-league slugger Darryl Strawberry to speak at La Croix (9/20/17)
- Mo. conservation agents help fight fires in western U.S. (9/15/17)
- Owner of Mary Jane Burgers & Brew in Perryville to open new culinary concept in Cape (9/15/17)3
Model Emily Ratajkowski joins cast of 'Gone Girl'
The cast of 20th Century Fox's "Gone Girl" has reportedly been expanded to include a model-turned-actress in her first major movie role.
According to rollingstone.com, Emily Ratajkowski, 21, has been cast in "Gone Girl," an adaptation of the best-selling thriller novel by Gillian Flynn, who also is penning the film's screenplay. The movie tells the story of Nick Dunne, played by Ben Affleck, who deals with the disappearance of his wife Amy Dunne, played by Rosamund Pike, and his possible role in her vanishing.
Ratajkowski will play Andie, a college student who has an affair with Nick and later teams with Amy's parents in an attempt to prove Nick's role in her disappearance. Ratajkowski's previous acting credits include appearances on Nickelodeon's "iCarly" and Fox's "New Girl."
Rollingstone.com also reported that Tyler Perry is also on board as Nick's defense attorney, Tanner Bolt, and Carrie Coon will play Nick's twin sister, Margo. Neil Patrick Harris will play supporting character Desi Collins, and Kim Dickens and Patrick Fugit are set as detectives working on the case.
According to producer Cean Chaffin, filming of "Gone Girl" began in Cape Girardeau on Sunday and could continue for as long as five weeks. The film is scheduled for release in 2015.
- Producer: 'Gone Girl' filming here (09/11/13)
- Work on downtown Cape Girardeau building apparently tied to 'Gone Girl' (08/29/13)
- More signs of 'Gone Girl' appear in Cape (08/27/13)
- A 'Gone Girl' Who's Who (08/23/13)
- About 1,400 flock to casting call for 'Gone Girl' film (08/18/13)
- Cape Girardeau to host Hollywood casting call (08/15/13)
- Cape has inside track to land Hollywood film shoot (07/17/13)
- Economic boost anticipated if movie 'Gone Girl' films in Cape (07/15/13)
- Movie 'Gone Girl' may film in Cape; David Fincher in talks to direct (07/11/13)