- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Woman dead, husband charged after Sikeston shooting
SIKESTON, Mo. -- A Sikeston man was charged Thursday in connection with the shooting death of his wife.
Stevie C. Lott was charged with second-degree murder, armed criminal action, being a felon in possession of a firearm, endangering the welfare of a child and leaving the scene of a shooting, Sikeston Department of Public Safety Capt. Jim McMillen said in a news release.
Sikeston police received a call about 3 a.m. Thursday of a domestic dispute in the 400 block of John R. Boulevard, McMillen said.
Upon arrival, officers found the body of 26-year-old Nyketia Lott with a gunshot wound to the head, McMillen said. No one else was in the home when police arrived, according to the release.
Stevie Lott was found nearby about two hours later and arrested, McMillen said.
Lott's bond was set at $250,000 cash only.
400 block of John R. Boulevard, Sikeston, Mo.