- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Cape schools pursuing Pepsi vending contract
The Cape Girardeau School District is negotiating a contract with Pepsi MidAmerica to supply all beverages and snacks in district vending machines. The school board authorized pursuing the agreement during its meeting Monday.
A Coca-Cola contract will remain in place at the football stadium through 2016, said Neil Glass, assistant superintendent of support services.
The district currently has agreements with Coca-Cola and Pepsi in school buildings, but the new pact is for Pepsi exclusively, Glass said. It offers the district $265,000 during the next 10 years. "Really, $25,600 a year, renewable for another five years after year four," Glass said. He added this would give the district another $10,000 bonus if it chooses to renew. It would get 10 percent of commissions off vending machine sales, as well.
On a separate matter, the board approved a resolution authorizing the issuance of a $6 million tax and revenue anticipation note. This would allow the district to borrow funds for a short term beginning in October until state funding and tax payments are received.
The board also recognized dispatcher Tara Bowers for her work in keeping buses rolling. Bowers was presented with a plaque. Superintendent James Welker also thanked all maintenance personnel, custodians, technology personnel, staff, principals, teachers and food service workers for all their hard work.
301 N. Clark St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.