- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)7
- Japanese restaurant up and running; owner surprised by fondness of sushi here (2/24/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)21
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)48
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)13
- Former KFVS12 reporter talks about recovery from eating disorder (2/23/17)11
Two people die in crash on Interstate 55
Two people were killed Friday night when their vehicle plummeted from an Interstate 55 overpass to the roadway below.
At 11:48 p.m. Friday, a 2004 Ford F-250 pickup truck driven by Wade A. Myers, 20, of Cape Girardeau, was traveling north on Interstate 55 at the Scott City overpass when it struck the left guard rail. The Missouri State Highway Patrol reported the vehicle traveled over the bridge railing, landing below on Route M.
Myers and a passenger in the vehicle, Cody A. Myers, 23, of Fenton, Mo., were pronounced dead at 12:15 a.m. Saturday by Scott County Coroner Scott Amick. Neither was wearing seatbelts, according to the crash report.
Interstate 55, Scott City, MO
Route M, Scott City, MO