- Woman sleeping in car accused of attacking Cape officer (7/26/16)13
- Seeking new history: Centurion Development buys former Woolworth building at 1 N. Main St. (7/28/16)5
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)15
- Cape resident gets seven years in prison for shooting at man (7/26/16)1
- Former Scott City mayor refutes claims made about loss of curbside recycling pickup (7/26/16)
- Burglary of trailer leaves its residents homeless (7/27/16)4
- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)10
- Police: Child's video revealed stepfather's abuse of sibling (7/28/16)3
- Foot plots provide habitats and nutrition to attract wildlife, grow populations (7/18/16)
- City may spend extra park tax money on Cape Splash, skate park, other projects (7/25/16)10
Two people die in crash on Interstate 55
Two people were killed Friday night when their vehicle plummeted from an Interstate 55 overpass to the roadway below.
At 11:48 p.m. Friday, a 2004 Ford F-250 pickup truck driven by Wade A. Myers, 20, of Cape Girardeau, was traveling north on Interstate 55 at the Scott City overpass when it struck the left guard rail. The Missouri State Highway Patrol reported the vehicle traveled over the bridge railing, landing below on Route M.
Myers and a passenger in the vehicle, Cody A. Myers, 23, of Fenton, Mo., were pronounced dead at 12:15 a.m. Saturday by Scott County Coroner Scott Amick. Neither was wearing seatbelts, according to the crash report.
Interstate 55, Scott City, MO
Route M, Scott City, MO