- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Two people die in crash on Interstate 55
Two people were killed Friday night when their vehicle plummeted from an Interstate 55 overpass to the roadway below.
At 11:48 p.m. Friday, a 2004 Ford F-250 pickup truck driven by Wade A. Myers, 20, of Cape Girardeau, was traveling north on Interstate 55 at the Scott City overpass when it struck the left guard rail. The Missouri State Highway Patrol reported the vehicle traveled over the bridge railing, landing below on Route M.
Myers and a passenger in the vehicle, Cody A. Myers, 23, of Fenton, Mo., were pronounced dead at 12:15 a.m. Saturday by Scott County Coroner Scott Amick. Neither was wearing seatbelts, according to the crash report.
Interstate 55, Scott City, MO
Route M, Scott City, MO