- New custody law for equal time for dads begins today; some question law's relevance (8/28/16)5
- Marble Hill fires entire sewer department (8/23/16)5
- Ex-Southeast student gets probation for placing homemade sex video on porn site without woman's knowledge (8/24/16)13
- Bootheel lawmaker seeks probe into crop damage by illegal herbicide spraying (8/24/16)1
- Local private school dreams bigger, plans for new building at Sprigg and Lexington (8/22/16)
- Newsmakers 2016: Jason Bandermann (8/15/16)
- 'Santa' suspect Moffat sentenced to 12 years for sexual abuse of girl (8/23/16)2
- Schnucks bans solicitors, including organizations like Salvation Army (8/24/16)38
- Jackson girl stays planted on the farm (8/28/16)2
- Court ruling, state suggest businesses may apply use, sales tax to deliveries (8/24/16)2
Hometown Hero Award
On Wednesday, July 10th, Raetta Kimbel was awarded " The Hometown Hero Appreciation Award" for her achievements as a volunteer. At an award dinner at the Ponderosa restaurant in Perryville, Missouri, Kenny Volkerding, President of the Perryville Chapter of Modern Woodmen of America, not only presented Raetta with this special award but gave her a one hundred dollar check to be donated to her favorite charity. Raetta chose the RSVP/VIC Program as her charity of choice and has volunteered through this program for many years. She spoke about how vital volunteers are for the community and how important it is to set a good example for your children. They can begin very young, she stated. Raetta said the youngest volunteer in the VIC Program is about one year old while the oldest volunteer in RSVP is one hundred years old!
Tina Dohogne - Nations is the Executive Director of both programs and can be reached at 573-335-7555 in Cape Girardeau or 573-887-3664 in Chaffee. Raetta wants to thank Modern Woodmen of America for this honor as well as Tina Nations for recognizing her efforts.