- Authorities: Infant left in car, dies in Cape Girardeau County (8/13/18)
- Oran police chief spanked boy; MSHP filed assault report; no charges followed (8/9/18)11
- Highway patrol finds missing video sought by defense in Sikeston murder case (8/11/18)1
- A new sheriff in town: Ruth Ann Dickerson takes over in interim role (8/14/18)1
- SEMO native gets Bootheel clicking (8/9/18)
- Prop A draws 'no' votes from area Republicans (8/13/18)17
- Police: Stalking claim at Jackson park deemed misunderstood prank (8/14/18)
- 34 sick from Perry County salmonella outbreak (8/14/18)1
- Decoration for Education: Teachers personalize education space for students (8/11/18)
- Cape city looks to auction metal detector, soda machine and other items at former police station (8/10/18)
ROXANNE TILLMAN Named Employee of the Month
Roxanne Tillman, Clinical Casework Assistant II for the Missouri Veterans Home -- Cape Girardeau, was selected as the July 2013 Missouri Veterans Commission Employee of the Month. She is shown here accepting a plaque from Bryan Hunt, Deputy Director of the Commission.
Roxanne was nominated for the kind and caring manner in which she performs her daily duties. Her friendly and dedicated attitude is especially noticed and appreciated.
Roxanne's genuine concern and willingness to assist whenever needed shows that she is always available to help. The assistance she gives to the Veterans, their families and her co-workers everyday shows that she has a really big heart.
In addition to her regular duties, Roxanne has devoted considerable time and energy to finding ways to improve the quality of life for many Veterans. She seeks assistance in finding items or volunteers to make Veterans more comfortable. As a result of her actions Roxanne was successful in linking a Veteran up with a volunteer who reads to him, creating a positive experience for both the Veteran and volunteer
Roxanne was honored on July 24, 2013 at a ceremony held at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau, Missouri.