- The message to the President I would have given (9/12/18)12
- Krispy Kreme franchise owner fills in holes of rumors regarding location, employment (9/19/18)1
- Penzel picked for new Cape County Courthouse; plans unveiled (9/15/18)4
- Multiple-vehicle wreck Saturday on Interstate 55 (9/17/18)2
- Frank (the Fighter) Bertrand lives on through parents, foundation (9/15/18)
- Sugarfire Smoke House opens in Cape (9/20/18)
- Large crowd turns out at Cape city council meeting to contest developer (9/21/18)3
- Business Notebook: Women Auto Know: Amy Ybarra of GearHeads Auto Repair talks shop to educate, empower women (9/17/18)
- The 41st annual River Tales Classic Car Show revs up downtown Cape Girardeau (9/17/18)
Ex-Carter County collector accused of theft
VAN BUREN, Mo. -- A former Southeast Missouri county collector is facing felony charges of stealing.
Carter County prosecutor Rocky Kingree on Tuesday filed stealing charges against 39-year-old Jennifer Clark-Williams of Van Buren. She resigned as Carter County collector in October after authorities discovered that more than $5,000 was missing from county coffers.
Kingree said that when he took office in 2011 he found a 2009 state audit showing the missing money. He asked the Missouri State Highway Patrol to investigate.
Clark-Williams did not have a listed attorney.