- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Nominees deserve vote
Every day we are shown new examples of how our government in Washington, D.C., doesn't work, but this month there's a chance for U.S. Senators Blunt and McCaskill to start proving us wrong. All they have to do is simply cast a vote affirming our rights to free speech.
In April the National Labor Relations Board ruled that employees can't be fired for speaking out about working conditions on social media sites like Facebook. The problem is that today, the NLRB can't protect any American from attacks on their most basic rights because the U.S. Senate hasn't gotten around to confirming the three Democratic and two Republican appointees put forward by President Obama.
Senators Blunt and McCaskill, this is not politics. This is common sense. Do your jobs; bring this to the floor for an up-or-down vote.
ERIN HALL, Cape Girardeau