- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Driver seriously hurt after Cape Girardeau crash
An Oran, Mo., man was badly hurt when his Corvette rear-ended a semi-truck on South Kingshighway in Cape Girardeau on Monday, a police spokesman said.
Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey said police were still working to determine why the Corvette driver slammed into the back of the semitrailer at a stoplight at South Kingshighway and Southern Expressway about 11:20 a.m. Hickey declined to release the names of those involved.
The Corvette driver was taken to a hospital with serious injuries, and the semitrailer driver, of Tamms, Ill., was treated for minor injuries. Hickey said he didn't know whether toxicology had been requested in the case, but he said officers will request tests if they suspect an impaired driver.
Firefighters had to extricate the 63-year-old Corvette driver from his vehicle.
South Kingshighway and Southern Expressway, Cape Girardeau, Mo.