- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Sharon McMillan Collier, 69, of Cape Girardeau passed away Saturday, June 8, 2013, at Conway Regional Medical Center in Conway, Ark.
She was born June 15, 1943, in Chicago, daughter of Arthur and Frieda Lindner McMillan.
Sharon worked at the former Ramada Inn/Drury Lodge, retiring in 1989. She attended Cape County Cowboy Church near Oak Ridge.
Loving survivors include two children, Christi Jackson of Cape Girardeau and Jerry Myers of Springfield, Mo.; four grandchildren, Rachel Myers of Bowling Green, Mo., Arthur Myers of Florissant, Mo., Victoria Jackson and Colt Jackson of Cape Girardeau; a great-granddaughter, Isabella Holligan; a niece, Patricia Baskins of South Carolina; a nephew, Leroy Sanders of Fort Myers, Fla.; and special lifelong friends, Shirley Medlock and Mary Moreland.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a son, James S. Myers; a sister, Elfrieda Sanders; and an infant brother.
The service will be private.
McCombs Funeral Home and Cremation Center in Jackson is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to the American Heart Association or Cape County Cowboy Church.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting mccombsfuneralhome.com.