- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Cape lands new summer-league baseball team; Capaha Field to see major upgrades (1/20/18)7
- Man sentenced to life for killing mother, burning her body; mouth taped shut at hearing (1/20/18)
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Redhawk Food Pantry helping Southeast students, employees who need assistance with food, supplies (1/19/18)2
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
- Chronic wasting disease found in 2 Southeast Missouri deer; whether disease transferable to humans unknown (1/18/18)
Summer in the Cape Girardeau area would just not be the same without live music.
Friday marked the third week of Tunes at Twilight, a musical tradition that dates back 12 years. Tunes at Twilight is held at 7 p.m. every Friday from mid-May through late June, resuming again in mid-August. It's an outdoor event held at the Common Pleas Courthouse Gazebo. The Tunes' lineup consists of folk, blues and country music. People congregate on the park lawn with their blankets and lawn chairs, with children and friendly canines among those in attendance.
Cape Girardeau and Jackson also offer municipal band concerts, which put on shows throughout the summer.
The Cape Girardeau municipal band plays every Wednesday evening at 7:30. Jackson's municipal band plays every Thursday at 7 p.m. A lot of people are involved in the municipal bands, and they bring a certain patriotic ambience to our cities when they play.
There are countless bands playing in downtown bars and restaurants on weekends. There are many outdoor events all throughout the summer -- and all throughout the region -- where you'll find live music.
Music is a big part of summer life in Cape Girardeau. If you're looking for live entertainment options, please check out semoevents.com to see what's happening.
We encourage you to get out and enjoy the entertainment.