- Mary Jane bourbon + smokehouse + Cape (7/9/18)4
- Dexter Bar-B-Que in Jackson moving location (7/12/18)1
- Voters to choose from crowded field for Scott County presiding commissioner (7/10/18)1
- Developer: Construction moving into new phases on Marriott (7/12/18)1
- Southeast art students contribute mural to Stevie's Steakburger (7/9/18)1
- New safety measures being put in place in Jackson School District (7/11/18)3
- 'It's just time': PFLAG chapter starting in Cape (7/6/18)33
- Harbor Freight to open next week in Cape Girardeau (7/10/18)
- Car packages: Local stores adding pickup services as part of nationwide trend (7/14/18)1
- Former police officer, disabled vet vie for state representative seat (7/11/18)2
Summer in the Cape Girardeau area would just not be the same without live music.
Friday marked the third week of Tunes at Twilight, a musical tradition that dates back 12 years. Tunes at Twilight is held at 7 p.m. every Friday from mid-May through late June, resuming again in mid-August. It's an outdoor event held at the Common Pleas Courthouse Gazebo. The Tunes' lineup consists of folk, blues and country music. People congregate on the park lawn with their blankets and lawn chairs, with children and friendly canines among those in attendance.
Cape Girardeau and Jackson also offer municipal band concerts, which put on shows throughout the summer.
The Cape Girardeau municipal band plays every Wednesday evening at 7:30. Jackson's municipal band plays every Thursday at 7 p.m. A lot of people are involved in the municipal bands, and they bring a certain patriotic ambience to our cities when they play.
There are countless bands playing in downtown bars and restaurants on weekends. There are many outdoor events all throughout the summer -- and all throughout the region -- where you'll find live music.
Music is a big part of summer life in Cape Girardeau. If you're looking for live entertainment options, please check out semoevents.com to see what's happening.
We encourage you to get out and enjoy the entertainment.