- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Jackson Area Chamber of Commerce recognizes commitment to community at annual awards banquet (1/13/18)
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- City of Oran water rates violate state law, auditors find; report details financial-management problems (1/13/18)2
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Cape freshmen gain first wins
The Cape Legion Post 63 freshman team swept Charleston in a pair of road games to get in the victory column Sunday.
Cape won the opener 16-5 in six innings behind the bat and arm of Jacquin Cummins, then took the nightcap 7-1.
Cummins picked up the win on the mound in the first game and went 4 for 5 at the plate with two RBIs. Blake Klett added three hits and three RBIs, while Nick Wiesner had two hits and two RBIs.
Josh Hellwege recorded the win on the mound in the second game for Cape (2-2). Cummins had two hits and three RBIs, while Corey Cavaness had two hits and an RBI.
-- From staff report