- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
People on the move 4/22/2013
Woodard named president and market manager
Timothy Woodard of Cape Girardeau was named president and market manager of the Southeast Missouri region for Commerce Bank. Woodard has 25 years of banking experience and has been with Commerce Bank since 2010. Woodard earned his MBA from Bradley University and his bachelor's in finance from Illinois State University and is a graduate of Illinois Bankers Association Agricultural Lending School. He served as a lieutenant in the United States Naval Reserve. Woodard replaces Roger Tolliver, who served in that position since 1992. Tolliver will remain as chairman until his retirement in 2014.
Skelton named manager at Coad
Mike Skelton was named pre-owned sales manager of Coad Toyota of Cape Girardeau. For more information, call 335-2927.
Thomas named manager at Commerce
Amy Thomas of Jackson was named banking center manager of Commerce Bank's Cape Girardeau main office. Thomas's responsibilities include business development, customer service, lending and small business services. Thomas has worked at Commerce Bank since 2002 and recently served as financial services manager. She is a graduate of Southeast Missouri State University.
Volkerding earns national ranking
Ken Volkerding, a financial representative with Modern Woodmen of America, was ranked seventh in the nation for applications written in March 2013. Volkerding has been with the organization since November 2004. Modern Woodmen provides life insurance and annuity products. For more information, call 651-0030.
Greaser appointed president of board
Kevin Greaser of Cape Girardeau was appointed president of the board of directors of the United Way of Southeast Missouri. Greaser is community bank president at Alliance Bank and replaces Stan Penn. Other recent additions to the board of directors include Jeanne Churchill of Banterra Bank; Jane Myers of Bank of Missouri; Mark Hanko of Isle Casino Cape Girardeau; Trae Bertrand of Bradshaw, Steele, Cochrane & Berens L.C.; Dr. Dennis Means of Southeast Health; Dr. Stuart McIntosh of McIntosh Spine and Joint, LLC; Connie Werner of Montgomery Bank in Jackson; and Phil Roop, pastor Bethel Assembly of God Church.