- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Ricky Lynn Speakman, 58, of Liberty, Mo., formerly of Scott City, died Thursday, April 18, 2013, at his home.
He was born Dec. 16, 1954, in Truman, Ark., to William Lonnie and Ruby Lucille McKinney Speakman II. He and Nancy Beth Farris were married March 2, 2013, in Liberty.
Ricky was a former print press operator at the Southeast Missourian. Ricky loved fishing and riding his motorcycle.
Survivors include his wife, Nancy of Liberty; a daughter, Jessica Mayfield of Jackson; a stepdaughter, Christina Greenley of Liberty; three stepsons, Jeremy Greenley of Thebes, Ill., Kyle Greenley of Fruitland, Robbie Mancillas of Jackson; a brother, Kenny Speakman of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Wilma Stevens of Cape Girardeau; and 12 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Rennie Phillips officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.