- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
Ricky Lynn Speakman, 58, of Liberty, Mo., formerly of Scott City, died Thursday, April 18, 2013, at his home.
He was born Dec. 16, 1954, in Truman, Ark., to William Lonnie and Ruby Lucille McKinney Speakman II. He and Nancy Beth Farris were married March 2, 2013, in Liberty.
Ricky was a former print press operator at the Southeast Missourian. Ricky loved fishing and riding his motorcycle.
Survivors include his wife, Nancy of Liberty; a daughter, Jessica Mayfield of Jackson; a stepdaughter, Christina Greenley of Liberty; three stepsons, Jeremy Greenley of Thebes, Ill., Kyle Greenley of Fruitland, Robbie Mancillas of Jackson; a brother, Kenny Speakman of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Wilma Stevens of Cape Girardeau; and 12 grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents, two brothers and a sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Rennie Phillips officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park in Cape Girardeau.