- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Prosecutor says shooting by state trooper was justified (7/24/16)9
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)5
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- 'I want to see how far I can go' (7/21/16)2
Autopsy: Natural causes killed man who collapsed in courtroom
A 73-year-old inmate who collapsed and died Monday in a Cape Girardeau County courtroom while awaiting arraignment died of natural causes, according to autopsy results.
Coroner John Clifton said the autopsy of Daniel E. Stroder of Wappapello, Mo., revealed nothing unusual, although the final details will not be available for two to three weeks. Stroder was to be arraigned on felony charges of violating probation for writing a bad check.
He was taken by ambulance from the courthouse in Jackson to Saint Francis Medical Center where he was pronounced dead.
100 Court St., Jackson, Mo.