- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Wallingford is a quality leader
The most promising method of securing virtuous and morally stable citizens is to elect virtuous leaders. He is the truest friend of liberty, first, who tries most to promote its virtue, and second, who will not suffer any person to be chosen for office who is not wise and virtuous. We elected a virtuous and wise man to serve us in the Missouri state Senate: Wayne Wallingford.
Election season's over, with the effort and tempest of the campaign way past and long forgotten. Congratulations to all who worked so hard to elect him and to all who supported and voted for him. Sen. Wallingford is in the Senate now, serving on seven committees and up past midnight reading every bill. His door is open, and when you look in, you'll find this citizen legislator hard at it, tirelessly doing the people's work. He won't ever let us down.
T. ROBIN COLE, III, Jackson