- Author of Waller's manuscript rewarded for helping feds (1/13/18)
- Police: Man dies from self-inflicted gunshot after standoff in south Cape (1/14/18)3
- Here's what's being built next to Chick-fil-A in Cape (1/18/18)1
- Word to your superintendent: Glass rocks Vanilla Ice parody to announce cancellation (1/13/18)3
- Church, businesses set up pop-up homeless shelter as winter storm approaches (1/12/18)1
- Poultry in motion: 4-H participants take first in nation with barbecue skills (1/13/18)1
- Cape man wins Scratchers lottery top prize (1/12/18)
- 3 mayor candidates in Scott City; former mayor Porch files for council seat (1/18/18)
Wallingford is a quality leader
The most promising method of securing virtuous and morally stable citizens is to elect virtuous leaders. He is the truest friend of liberty, first, who tries most to promote its virtue, and second, who will not suffer any person to be chosen for office who is not wise and virtuous. We elected a virtuous and wise man to serve us in the Missouri state Senate: Wayne Wallingford.
Election season's over, with the effort and tempest of the campaign way past and long forgotten. Congratulations to all who worked so hard to elect him and to all who supported and voted for him. Sen. Wallingford is in the Senate now, serving on seven committees and up past midnight reading every bill. His door is open, and when you look in, you'll find this citizen legislator hard at it, tirelessly doing the people's work. He won't ever let us down.
T. ROBIN COLE, III, Jackson