- Woman's post about 'Back the Blue' sign in Jackson coffee shop prompts firing from nearby bar (8/15/17)11
- How to save a life: Lifeguards resuscitated young girl at Cape Splash (8/17/17)2
- Stoogefest headliner cancels, cites NAACP travel advisory in Missouri (8/15/17)2
- Chaffee man charged with attempting to have ex-wife killed (8/20/17)3
- Woman dies in house fire in Cape Girardeau County (8/16/17)
- Scott City school chief gets raise, while some teachers don't (8/17/17)6
- Former Chaffee officer faces DWI charge (8/20/17)2
- PBS crew filming in Cape; Glenn House to be featured (8/17/17)
- Scott City Council reinstates police chief (8/16/17)1
- Near miss: Woman 'lucky' following train incident (8/16/17)
Wallingford is a quality leader
The most promising method of securing virtuous and morally stable citizens is to elect virtuous leaders. He is the truest friend of liberty, first, who tries most to promote its virtue, and second, who will not suffer any person to be chosen for office who is not wise and virtuous. We elected a virtuous and wise man to serve us in the Missouri state Senate: Wayne Wallingford.
Election season's over, with the effort and tempest of the campaign way past and long forgotten. Congratulations to all who worked so hard to elect him and to all who supported and voted for him. Sen. Wallingford is in the Senate now, serving on seven committees and up past midnight reading every bill. His door is open, and when you look in, you'll find this citizen legislator hard at it, tirelessly doing the people's work. He won't ever let us down.
T. ROBIN COLE, III, Jackson