- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)7
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)15
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Business notebook: Jackson salon owner also opens a clothing store (1/16/17)
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)14
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Wallingford proposes bill to collect sales taxes on online purchases (1/11/17)30
Wallingford is a quality leader
The most promising method of securing virtuous and morally stable citizens is to elect virtuous leaders. He is the truest friend of liberty, first, who tries most to promote its virtue, and second, who will not suffer any person to be chosen for office who is not wise and virtuous. We elected a virtuous and wise man to serve us in the Missouri state Senate: Wayne Wallingford.
Election season's over, with the effort and tempest of the campaign way past and long forgotten. Congratulations to all who worked so hard to elect him and to all who supported and voted for him. Sen. Wallingford is in the Senate now, serving on seven committees and up past midnight reading every bill. His door is open, and when you look in, you'll find this citizen legislator hard at it, tirelessly doing the people's work. He won't ever let us down.
T. ROBIN COLE, III, Jackson