- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Five injured in Jackson crash
Emergency responders were called to the scene of a crash in the 4500 block of East Jackson Boulevard before 10 a.m. Wednesday.
Five people were taken to the hospital, and three had to be extricated from the two vehicles, though one of those extricated was uninjured, Jackson assistant fire chief Randy Davis said.
The crash caused a delay for traffic on the busy street, but the street wasn't closed.
Lt. Scott Eakers of the Jackson Police Department said Wednesday afternoon police wouldn't be able to release more details until Thursday because a report was still being compiled. Eakers said the slick road could have contributed to the crash.