- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
- Chaffee district seeks bond issue for classrooms, property (3/26/17)4
- 'Construction with finesse' (3/26/17)2
- Cramped quarters: April 4 proposition aims to ease crowding in Perry County District Schools (3/23/17)4
Speak Out 2/13/13
Casino, water bill
Why don't we use some of the casino money to lower our water and sewer rates?
I always thought journalists and newspapers were supposed to be neutral, but the Southeast Missourian is not being neutral in its Opinion section of the paper. Rarely do I ever read a Democratic opinion, it is always a Republican opinion. The entire section is full of biased opinions. It is well known that the Southeast Missourian is a conservative paper, but the least you could do is to be fair and allow the other side to participate.
How convenient: Wireless executive with ties to Obama wins contract to supply poor with smartphones. You see, King Obama and his tribe thinks we are all so stupid that we can't see through his arrogance and obvious stupidity. This Obama donor hosted a $40,000-per-plate dinner at his modest Miami mansion and now he is being rewarded. Of course, his spinners say there is no correlation to the contract and the exec's donor status. Please.
Checks, debit cards
When they start charging me to use my debit card at different places, I'm going to start writing checks again. I know the banks don't like that, so we'll see how things work out.