- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
College signings 2/1/13
* Jackson senior Brannon Wright has signed a letter of intent to compete in track and field at Division II Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Mo. Wright was third in the 400 meters at the Missouri Class 4 Track and Field Championships as a junior. Wright also was a Class 5 all-state first team receiver this past fall in football. He led the Southeast Missouri region in receiving yards and receptions.
* Jackson senior Paden Wachter has signed a letter of intent to compete in track and field at Division II Lindenwood University in St. Charles, Mo. Wachter was all-state in two events at the Missouri Class 4 Track and Field Championships as a junior. She placed sixth in the shot put and seventh in the discus.
* Oran senior Alex Heuring has signed a letter of intent to play baseball at Three Rivers College in Poplar Bluff, Mo.
* Scott City senior Lindsey Rendleman has signed a letter of intent to play softball at Jefferson College in Hillsboro, Mo.