- Deputies: Man, woman tried to arrange killing of his estranged wife (5/21/17)1
- Former coroner convicted of felony theft now faces prison in misdemeanor case (5/23/17)2
- Cape police say man assaulted, kidnapped girlfriend (5/21/17)2
- Woman may lose foot after being hit by moped (5/24/17)
- Illinois Trail of Tears site where Cherokee buried named to National Historic Register (5/24/17)
- Business notebook: Woman, sister-in-law buy Perryville custom-wear shop (5/22/17)
- Police: Woman arrested after meth found hidden in pants (5/26/17)2
- Cape man accused of shooting a woman in Jackson (5/21/17)
- Police apprehend Charleston man they say hit Cape woman with car (5/24/17)
- Broadening horizons: Heartland Dream Team founder stays committed to area youth (5/21/17)2
Just Desserts Girl Scout Fundraiser
Troop 50336 and Chef Keith were 1 of 4 teams that created desserts using Girl Scout cookies. The girls worked with the chef to decide on a dessert to create. The chef baked the cupcakes, then the girls then decorated them using pastry bags filled with whipped toping and lots of sprinkles. The next evening they served them to the guests at the event.
This was the third annual fundraiser for Girl Scouts of the Missouri Heartland. The funds raised help support programs for the girls.
Such a great learning experience for them and they had so much fun. A great bit THANK YOU to Chef Keith from Chartwells for helping with this event!!