- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)32
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Road work 2/12/13
Route C in Cape County to close for pipe replacement
Route C in Cape Girardeau County, between Route CC and County Road 513, will be closed Friday morning as Missouri Department of Transportation crews replace a pipe under the roadway.
Weather permitting, work will take place from 9 to 11:30 a.m. The work zone will be marked with signs. Motorists are urged to use caution while traveling near the area. For more information, contact MoDOT's Customer Service Center at 888-275-6636 or visit www.modot.org/southeast.
MoDOT to hold transportation listening session at Osage Centre
The Missouri Department of Transportation has initiated a statewide effort called "On the Move" to update Missouri's long-range transportation plan.
MoDOT is seeking direction from Missourians regarding transportation priorities throughout the state through a series of listening sessions, a mobile tour and virtual forums during the next several months.
As part of the effort, Kathy Mangels, Southeast Missouri State University vice president for finance and administration, will host a listening session from 5 to 7 p.m. Feb. 19 at the Osage Centre, 1625 N. Kingshighway. Registration will begin at 4:30 p.m., with the program starting at 5 p.m. The event is open to the public. Because of limited seating, attendees are asked to reserve a seat by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting www.missourionthemove.org by noon Monday.
-- From the Missouri Department of Transportation