- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Struggling Blues activate Halak
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues have activated goalie Jaroslav Halak from injured reserve, a signal that struggling Brian Elliott is headed for some time on the bench.
Halak is 3-0 with a 2.10 goals-against average and two shutouts this season. He had been sidelined by a groin strain.
Coach Ken Hitchcock said Saturday that if Halak wasn't ready in time for tonight's game against the Los Angeles Kings, he planned to give rookie Jake Allen his first career start. Allen was assigned to Peoria, Ill., of the AHL on Sunday.
Elliott gave up five goals on 23 shots in a 6-5 shootout loss to the Ducks on Saturday, then four more on six shots in the shootout. The Blues have dropped four in a row.
-- Associated Press