- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Struggling Blues activate Halak
ST. LOUIS -- The St. Louis Blues have activated goalie Jaroslav Halak from injured reserve, a signal that struggling Brian Elliott is headed for some time on the bench.
Halak is 3-0 with a 2.10 goals-against average and two shutouts this season. He had been sidelined by a groin strain.
Coach Ken Hitchcock said Saturday that if Halak wasn't ready in time for tonight's game against the Los Angeles Kings, he planned to give rookie Jake Allen his first career start. Allen was assigned to Peoria, Ill., of the AHL on Sunday.
Elliott gave up five goals on 23 shots in a 6-5 shootout loss to the Ducks on Saturday, then four more on six shots in the shootout. The Blues have dropped four in a row.
-- Associated Press