- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Road work 2/10/13
Highway 34 in Bollinger County closed for pipe installation
Highway 34 in Bollinger County from County Road 508 to County Road 506 will be closed Tuesday as contractor crews install a pipe under the roadway. Weather permitting, the work will take place from 6 a.m. to 10 p.m. The work zone will be marked with signs. Motorists are urged to use caution while traveling near the area. For more information, contact resident engineer Brian Holt at 243-0899 or Missouri Department of Transportation's Customer Service Center at 888-275-6636 or visit www.modot.org/southeast.
MoDOT to sell former maintenance facilities
The Missouri Department of Transportation's Southeast District is preparing to market its former maintenance facilities in Portageville, Mo., and Wasola, Mo.
On March 7 and 8, MoDOT will sell the real estate by hosting live auctions. According to right-of-way manager Sherry Glastetter, the facilities are no longer needed to build, improve or maintain the state's highway system.
The former Portageville maintenance facility is a 4.92-acre parcel on Highway 162 East in New Madrid County, Mo. There are several structures on the property, including a shop building/garage and two sheds. The parcel is surrounded by agricultural land and has no zoning restrictions. A live auction will be on-site at 2:30 p.m. March 7.
The Wasola property is a 3.01-acre parcel on Highway 95 in Ozark County, Mo. Structures on the land include a shop building/garage, cold storage building, salt storage building, concrete fuel containment basin and an asphalt tank with saddles. A live auction will be on-site at 9:30 a.m. March 8.
For more information, visit www.modot.org/southeast/RealtytoRoads.ht... or contact senior right-of-way specialist Eric Kaut at 417-469-6296 or right-of-way specialist Michael Smith at 472-5286.
-- From the Missouri Department of Transportation