- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
4-year-old injured in ATV wreck
ORAN, Mo. -- A 4-year-old Scott County boy remained in serious condition Sunday night at an area hospital after he and an adult driver were ejected from their overturning all-terrain vehicle.
Blake L. Grogan, 4, and driver Jeremy W. Grogan, 29, were riding the 2004 Polaris on County Road 427 just south of Morley, Mo., when the ATV began sliding and ran off the road, according to the Missouri State Highway Patrol. Both were ejected as the ATV overturned, the patrol said, and neither was wearing safety devices.
Blake Grogan was seriously injured and Jeremy Grogan sustained moderate injuries, the patrol said. Both were taken by ambulance to Saint Francis Medical Center in Cape Girardeau. The patrol said the accident took place at about 1:15 p.m. Sunday.
County Road 427, south of Morley, Mo.