- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Dorena-Hickman ferry closed because of high winds
HICKMAN, Ky. -- Kentucky transportation officials said the Dorena-Hickman ferry connecting Kentucky and Missouri is closed because of high winds and high water on the Mississippi River.
According to a news release from the Kentucky Department of Transportation, the captain of the ferry reported southeast winds were at about 20 miles per hour Sunday, which is creating hazardous conditions.
The ferry has closed for the remainder of the day and is expected to resume normal operating hours Monday morning.
The ferry connects KY 1354 at Hickman, Ky., with Missouri Route A and Route 77 near Dorena, Mo.