- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Meet Jason Smith
NAME: Jason Smith
AGE: 32. Born June 16, 1980, in St. Louis.
HOME: Salem, Mo.
POLITICAL PARTY: Republican.
EDUCATION: Bachelor's degrees in business administration and agricultural economics, University of Missouri; law degree from Oklahoma City University.
EXPERIENCE: Missouri House of Representatives, January 2006 to present; elected Missouri House speaker pro tem by colleagues in January 2013.
QUOTE: "The fiscal responsibility in Washington, D.C., is what's destroying our country, and we've got to take control of it and get it back."
-- Associated Press