- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)1
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Heartland Writers Guild Plans Writer's Workshop
The Heartland Writers Guild (HWG) meets Sunday February 17 at The Steck House, next door to the Presbyterian Church in Jackson at 2 pm. Mary Rechenberg, president will introduce Carol Fisher, published author from Kennett, and Guest Editor for a coming issue of Missouri Folklore Journal who will lead a workshop on editing one's writing to make it more interesting. Bring three examples of your writing for your use.
HWG plans to co-host a Writer's Workshop in June at the Cape River Heritage Museum, inviting guest leaders for both fiction and non-fiction writers. Come join the group, learn more, and grow your skill.