- Business notebook: Cape salon picked as one of nation's top 200 (4/17/17)
- Man out on bond for alleged molestation of boys charged with abusing girl (4/18/17)
- Pilot House goes smoke-free (4/23/17)10
- New policy for semissourian.com online commentary: No pseudonyms (4/17/17)59
- Without city record, Marie Street residents on hook for thousands in sewer repairs (4/19/17)7
- Going the distance: Several locals participate in Boston Marathon (4/18/17)2
- Event includes the first public tour of 200-year-old Elmwood Manor (4/23/17)3
- Cape councilman Bob Fox to run for mayor (4/21/17)5
- Deputy: Man kicked, broke uncle's ribs after yard-work dispute (4/19/17)
- Scott County: M Kay Supply in Benton fills unique needs in community (4/14/17)
Heartland Writers Guild Plans Writer's Workshop
The Heartland Writers Guild (HWG) meets Sunday February 17 at The Steck House, next door to the Presbyterian Church in Jackson at 2 pm. Mary Rechenberg, president will introduce Carol Fisher, published author from Kennett, and Guest Editor for a coming issue of Missouri Folklore Journal who will lead a workshop on editing one's writing to make it more interesting. Bring three examples of your writing for your use.
HWG plans to co-host a Writer's Workshop in June at the Cape River Heritage Museum, inviting guest leaders for both fiction and non-fiction writers. Come join the group, learn more, and grow your skill.