- Fatal-shooting victim ID'd; uncle said he tried to break up fight (9/29/16)30
- Driver charged with manslaughter in crash that killed 2 (9/27/16)
- Sister: Shooting victim died a hero (9/30/16)9
- Perryville couple arrested on felony drug charges after sting operation (9/29/16)
- Perryville High principal on leave; no reason given (9/28/16)9
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)9
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Animal-rescue group receives grant from rock star for spay, neuter assistance (9/28/16)1
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Monia pleads guilty to 9 counts of financial exploitation of elderly; dealings with murderer Joseph clarified (9/28/16)11
Heartland Writers Guild Plans Writer's Workshop
The Heartland Writers Guild (HWG) meets Sunday February 17 at The Steck House, next door to the Presbyterian Church in Jackson at 2 pm. Mary Rechenberg, president will introduce Carol Fisher, published author from Kennett, and Guest Editor for a coming issue of Missouri Folklore Journal who will lead a workshop on editing one's writing to make it more interesting. Bring three examples of your writing for your use.
HWG plans to co-host a Writer's Workshop in June at the Cape River Heritage Museum, inviting guest leaders for both fiction and non-fiction writers. Come join the group, learn more, and grow your skill.