- Krispy Kreme coming to Cape Girardeau (12/14/17)2
- Light and music show: Jackson family goes high-tech with Christmas display (12/11/17)
- Former Wimpy's Drive-In owner Freeman Lewis dies (12/9/17)2
- Cape schools to get two new principals, assistant superintendent (12/13/17)1
- Feds ask judge to impose $6.5 million punishment for Cape surgeon (12/7/17)9
- Pedestrian struck on Broadway (12/11/17)4
- Kelso resident brings home $60K in lottery winnings (12/14/17)
- Makeover at the movies: Transformation complete inside Cape theater (12/8/17)4
Heartland Writers Guild Plans Writer's Workshop
The Heartland Writers Guild (HWG) meets Sunday February 17 at The Steck House, next door to the Presbyterian Church in Jackson at 2 pm. Mary Rechenberg, president will introduce Carol Fisher, published author from Kennett, and Guest Editor for a coming issue of Missouri Folklore Journal who will lead a workshop on editing one's writing to make it more interesting. Bring three examples of your writing for your use.
HWG plans to co-host a Writer's Workshop in June at the Cape River Heritage Museum, inviting guest leaders for both fiction and non-fiction writers. Come join the group, learn more, and grow your skill.