- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Three more Cape burglaries reported Thursday
Cape Girardeau police fielded three more burglary calls Thursday, adding to an already high total for the year, now near 60.
Cape Girardeau Police Department spokesman Darin Hickey said a man told police when he came home at 7:45 a.m. Thursday after being gone all night he found his door kicked in and a laptop computer stolen. Belongings were scattered about the apartment at 2427 Lexington Ave., Hickey said.
In another case, a man reported a rifle, an iPhone and cash stolen from his home at 150 S. Minnesota Ave. after being away from home for a couple days.
A third case was reported at 1106 Harmony St. A woman said she left home Wednesday and returned Thursday to find the back door damaged and a TV, Blu-ray player and speakers missing.
2427 Lexington Ave., Cape Girardeau, Mo.
150 S. Minnesota Ave., Cape Girardeau, Mo.
1106 Harmony St., Cape Girardeau, Mo.