- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
COMMERCE, Mo. -- John Wayne Melton, 64, of Commerce died Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, at Hunter Acres Caring Center in Sikeston, Mo.
He was born Aug. 28, 1948, in Cape Girardeau, to John "Jay" and Justine T. Kuss Melton.
Melton worked at Melton's 66 Service Station in Cape Girardeau, which was owned by his parents.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. until time of service Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. David Thompson officiating. Burial will be in Oakdale Cemetery in Commerce.