- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
Alphia Sophia Hoeh, 96, of Cape Girardeau passed away Thursday, Feb. 7, 2013, at Southeast Hospital.
She was born May 7, 1916, in Oak Ridge, daughter of Charles and Josephine Dambach Ludwig. She and Rudolph E. Hoeh were married Sept. 6, 1942, in Des Peres, Mo. He preceded her in death June 29, 1985.
Alphia was an early member of St. Mark Evangelical Church in Cape Girardeau. She enjoyed traveling.
Loving survivors include two sons, James (Diane) Hoeh of Lakeland, Fla., Joseph (Donna) Hoeh of Jackson; two daughters, Marilyn (Don) Schlueter of Rome, N.Y., Sandra (David) Werr of Shelbyville, Mo.; a sister, Cleta Janowski of Daytona Beach, Fla.; eight grandchildren, Dana Derrick, David Schlueter, Stephanie Hoeh, Jason Hoeh, Merrit Hoeh, Rudy Hoeh, Andy Werr, Stacey Werr; and six great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by four brothers; four sisters; and an infant daughter, Caroline Josephine Hoeh, in 1944.
Friends may call from 9:30 a.m. until time of service Monday at McCombs Funeral Home in Cape Girardeau.
The funeral will be 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Rev. S. Michael Malone officiating. Interment will be in Cape County Memorial Park.
Memorials may take the form of contributions to Cape Girardeau Senior Center's Meals on Wheels or a charity of the donor's choice.
Online condolences may be sent to the family by visiting www.mccombsfuneralhome.com.